Thursday 7 September 2017
The 2017 Annual APIG National Conference and Gala Dinner on Thursday 7 September 2017 at The Westin Sydney was a fantastic success!
In case you missed it, you can download a copy of the program here.
The National Conference was a full day event that brought together key industry participants to educate, debate, network and explore new ideas and emerging risks. This year's program covered a range of topical issues affecting the way we do business here and abroad. Our impressive program of inspiring speakers delivered insights into the key areas affecting our industry. Our speakers included:
- Anthony Day - President of the Insurance Council of Australia
- Philippe Aerni - Global Head of Financial & Professional Lines, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
- Maged Girgis - Partner, Minter Ellison
- Sophie Gilder - Head of Blockchain for Global Innovation Labs, Commonwealth Bank
- Fred Hawke - Partner, Clayton Utz
- John McCabe - Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Liberty International Underwriters
- Susie Amos - Principal, Finity Consulting
- Mike Burgess - Independent Strategic Cyber Security Advisor
- Scott Simpson - Head of Northern Region, Chubb Insurance
The National Conference was followed by our ever popular Gala Dinner.
Thank you to everyone who joined us.
Be sure to check back here often for photos from the event, and to download your copy of the speaker presentations.
"Very good topics and presentations"
-- Matt Clarke, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
"I make sure that every member of the underwriting staff has the opportunity to attend at the company's cost. It is a "must do" on our calendar!"
-- Timothy Powell, XL Catlin
" Varied topics and overall relevance to current issues in industry"
-- Andy Wass, JMD Ross Insurance Brokers
" Industry led and focussed. Highly relevant topics."
-- Keith Bethlehem, Colin Biggers & Paisley Lawyers
"Well organised, great venue, good food"
-- Brenton Fielder, Berkley Insurance Australia
"I always enjoy the depth of discussions that can only take place in this type of environment"
-- John Davine, JMD Ross
"Useful and entertaining presentations by competent presenters. Great to hear some non-insurance presenters. Panel sessions and interactivity are good at holding delegates' interest."
--David Rostron, Finlaysons