Thursday 6 September 2018
The Westin, Sydney
Thank you to everyone who made the 2018 Annual APIG National Conference and Gala Dinner a big success.
The National Conference featured leading industry figures and thought leaders from related industries, looking at a diverse range of relevant topics including:
- D&O Insurance: Can it be underwritten profitably?
- Shareholder activism
- Construction PI: Why does it always rain on me?
- Emerging risks in supply chains
- Catastrophe: Where does the cash flow?
- The Financial Services Royal Commission
You can still download a copy of the program here. APIG members can download some of the presentations from the library.
The speaker line-up included:
- Kevin LaCroix - Executive Vice President, RT ProExec and author of The D&O Diary blog
- Alex Manger - Director of Institutional Services, Georgeson
- Quentin Digby - Partner, Herbert Freehills
- Iain Drennan - Head of Construction, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Ltd
- Charles Thornley - Partner, Lander & Rogers
- Avryl Lattin - Partner, Clyde & Co
- Warren Dresner - Director – Head of Broking, Willis Re
- James Sullivan - Executive Director – Broking, Willis Re
- Craig Claughton - Australian Manager - FINPRO, Marsh
- Catherine Maxwell - Executive Manager, Policy and Advocacy, Governance Institute of Australia
- Robin Cooper-Driver - Head of Financial Lines General Insurance, Australia & New Zealand, Zurich Financial Services Australia Limited
"Very good topics and presentations"
-- Matt Clarke, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
" Varied topics and overall relevance to current issues in industry"
-- Andy Wass, JMD Ross Insurance Brokers
" Industry led and focussed. Highly relevant topics."
-- Keith Bethlehem, Colin Biggers & Paisley Lawyers
"Well organised, great venue, good food"
-- Brenton Fielder, Berkley Insurance Australia
"I always enjoy the depth of discussions that can only take place in this type of environment"
-- John Davine, JMD Ross
"Useful and entertaining presentations by competent presenters. Great to hear some non-insurance presenters. Panel sessions and interactivity are good at holding delegates' interest."
--David Rostron, Finlaysons