The annual Wotton + Kearney APIG Scholarship supports the development of young professionals practising in professional indemnity and financial lines insurance in Australia.
The scholarship recognises an outstanding contribution to the industry each year and is open to current APIG members under the age of 36 who are actively involved in financial lines insurance, and who will significantly benefit from the scholarship experience.
Candidates are required to produce a brief submission outlining their background in financial lines insurance and their views on the industry from a perspective that affects them. Submissions will be judged by a panel comprising four members of the APIG National Committee and a representative from Wotton + Kearney.
- Attendance at the annual Professional Indemnity Forum (PIF) Conference held in Oxford, England in July, valued at approximately £1,200
- Visit to the Lloyd’s insurance market in London
- $4,000 towards return economy airfares and transfers
- $3,500 towards accommodation and spending
- Current APIG members
- Under the age of 36 years at the time of submission
- Actively involved in PI/financial lines insurance
- Approval from your company or firm to attend the PIF Conference
- Members of the APIG National Committee are ineligible
APIG and Wotton + Kearney are delighted to announce that Kristine Salgado of Willis Australia has won the inaugural W+K APIG Scholarship. Kristine’s application was selected because of her thought provoking account of the way forward for the insurance industry and her contribution to financial lines insurance at such a young age.
As part of the scholarship, Kristine will travel to the Professional Indemnity Forum Conference in Oxford England in July 2016 and visit the Lloyd’s insurance market in London.
Review Kristine's excellent paper here.
Submissions are now open, with candidates required to produce a brief submission of up to 600 words outlining their background in financial lines insurance and their views on the industry from their perspective. The winner will be announced on 1 September 2016 at the APIG National Gala Dinner.
The application form can be downloaded here.
APIG thanks Wotton + Kearney for its generous support.